Simple Policies and other helpful information:
Purchases can be made for most items directly from this website using Credit Card or PayPal, or give us a call!
I do require customers to be invested. However, I do understand that I am offering a product that takes time to create and that some folks have reservations about ordering something like this with an open ended delivery date. If this is the case, I’d ask that you contact me. I’m usually agreeable to accept a 50% deposit with the balance due PRIOR to shipping.
Sorry, I do not accept checks as payment.
To the best of my ability, orders are produced in the order they are received. My backlog of orders for both Shadow Boxes and Flag Boxes is extensive and would urge you to contact us about lead times prior to ordering. Some boxes are complex in design, and orders for multiple boxes may hinder my ability to produce them quickly and may require extra time. Sometimes of course, the best laid plans are interrupted, and delays can happen, so…Please allow me the time to make a nice box for you. I work every day to make the best possible shadow boxes and flag cases available. You will be pleased with your purchase even though you may have to wait a bit to get it!
As well, if you require a box by a certain date, it is best to contact us prior to placing your order. I’ll try to fit orders in if it is practical to do so. It will be virtually impossible for me to make a box for you in time for Christmas if you are ordering in October or later, but I may offer specials for those who are willing to accept Christmas orders after the Holiday.
Yes, I have a policy for folks that are willing to pay a premium to move to the front of the line. Simply stated, Line Cutters must purchase the box(es) of the customer(s) they are cutting in front of, plus the box they are purchasing. This fee will not exceed 100% of the purchase price of the orders put On Hold. The customer that is put On Hold must agree to the arrangement. The customer On Hold will receive 100% of the fee paid by the Line Cutter in the form of an immediate refund to their order. The Line Cutting Fees and refunds for On Hold orders will not include shipping costs.
This is a serious attempt to dissuade folks from pushing their way to the front of the production schedule. The paid customer comes first, has been patient with me, and I will not sell them out.
I do use FedEx Ground/ Home almost exclusively. It’s unfortunate, but due to an increase in the number of thefts from the front porch:
ALL DELIVERIES MUST BE SIGNED FOR!
You will be provided tracking information and expected delivery date once your box has shipped. Please arrange to have someone there to accept the package. You may also opt to have me send the package to your place of business, or have it held at your nearest FedEx Hub for pick up. You may also opt out of having to sign for your package, however doing so will eliminate my liability for any losses incurred by you due to a package not received.
APO ADDRESSES: I will ship to APO, FPO and DPO locations anywhere. Expect to be contacted and invoiced for additional shipping to APO addresses in the Pacific, or addresses in Alaska, Hawaii, and outside of the U.S. We will provide you with tracking information.Once a package leaves our facility, it is out of our hands and in the hands of the USPS. We cannot control the time it takes to arrive at your APO Address and are not responsible for delays in your order’s arrival due to shipment schedules and cannot track shipments beyond a carton’s arrival at the APO post office.
I do insure each package, mostly against loss. Let’s not kid ourselves though…I am shipping a wood box with a glass window. I am turning it over to a third party to deliver your order, and NOBODY has a 100% track record, but FedEx has been the most reliable regarding this. I believe I do an excellent job packaging these cases, but FedEx has broken a few pieces of glass here and there. Unless I ship a these items in a carton that is around the size of their cargo truck, FedEx will not cover broken glass. If you receive a box that has broken glass, just give me a call. I will either call FedEx for a pick up, or if you are inclined, I will instruct you on how to replace the glass…even arrange with your local hardware store the piece you need and pre pay your bill there.
I do my best to make excellent wood shadow boxes and flag cases and stand behind what I make! I guarantee your satisfaction with what I have made for you within these simple limitations.
1) If your order is made incorrectly or damaged, or I have made any error with your order, contact me within 10 calendar days of receipt. I will refund or replace your order. I will cover both the return and reship costs. Contact Us immediately if your order is damaged during shipment. Your order is insured, and we will handle filing any claim with the shipping company and arrange for pick up ASAP.
2) If your order arrives to you in good condition and as ordered, I will replace or refund your order upon its return in good condition. The Buyer agrees to pay return or reship fees. If you have ordered a Walnut Box and and decide after receiving it that you want oak instead, I’ll happily exchange it for what you prefer, but I will not cover shipping. PLEASE BE AWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE ORDERING. Contact me if you are unsure of wood colors or species.
3) Engraving charges are NOT refundable. You will be given a proof of the text and a scaled drawing of the finished product. All work is done with your approval.
4) Orders that are returned to me by FedEx for Lack of Signature will be held at our location. Packages can be re shipped at the customer’s expense. Once shipped, I can reroute packages, or have them held at a FedEx location for up to 10 days if you are not available.
5) Orders that are cancelled after production are subject to a 15% restocking charge. Shipping and Engraving Charges are not refundable.
I do use the Actual Wood Species listed. I do not use stain to make light wood dark.
For instance, many folks love a wood with a Cherry Finish. Usually this means a wood of an unknown species splashed with a reddish brown stain.
These boxes are generaly of mediocre quality and made outside of the U.S. They are adequate, but not what I make. Cherry is a wood species, not a wood color.
There are Wood Color Swatches on almost every page of this web site. For the most part, I feel it is a reasonable representation.
A Special note regarding Cherry:
Hands down, the most common issue I have with orders are from customers who order Cherry. Cherry is a hardwood with a Light Red /Brown color. With exposure to light and oxygen, Cherry Hardwood will develop a Patina and darken dramatically over time. You will notice after as little as 30 days that the cherry wood has darkened. Cherry will eventually become a medium/dark reddish brown color on its own. I do not stain these beautiful woods to make a color. Take a look and contact me if you have questions!